Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Social Media Inspiration and Scrapping the funny everyday moments!!!

My 7 kids are grown. We are 9 grandchildren into the grandparent phase of our life. We are still young. However I have teen grandsons ready to drive and new grand babies learning to walk. Even these moments go by so fast.  My grandson Kason is a funny little guy. He says the craziest random things and we shake our head wondering where he gets his phrases.. Then I look at both his mama and my husband and I need to wonder no more... Sometimes I have trouble getting started on what to scrapbook about. Lately I've been turning to Facebook posts to give me inspiration to scrap. My daughter posts quite often this thing called "Kasonisms"  apparently he has a small following of people who look to see what crazy thing he is going to say next. So if your in a Scrapbook Slump, look to your  Facebook, Twitter, or other social media and see if your inspired by posts. Even quotes that are often posted are a great way to start your creative inspiration.


I love to mix up old and not so old papers/products with new product. In "Born to Inspire Laughter/ My Favorite Kasonism" layout I've used American Crafts, Shimelle;true stories cardstock stickers and paper, Heidie Swapp; colorshine and mixed company glitter stickers, Thickers, and Dearl Lizzy; Lucky charm collection. Also included are Pink Paislee; Foil memorandum stickers, Doodlebug; sequins, Simple Stories Carpe Diem  and alpha stickers, and SEI foil Entrada collection, Pebbles harvest peppercorn alphas ,Craft Medley rhinestones, Hot off the Press; Dazzles stickers.



To the Left you will see close ups of the embellished areas. I try to keep embellishments flowing in somewhat of a triangle shape. Good tips I have learned from many of the scrapbooking Guru's  I think the main idea is to have fun and not worry if its not perfect. Tell the stories and share the memories.

Next layout: Remember Papa Dont water the Froggy and Fishys!!!
Here is a great example of my hoarding... I have held on to this Basic Grey Collection for years. I still love it. I think it was called skate shoppe. I have never been into cutesy, but I adored this, yet avoided cutting into it. Now I wish I had more. (ah the disease of a paper hoarder)... SSSh- don't judge me, lol... So when I decided to do this layout, I was reminded of the story of how Papa always killed fishy's and froggy's by watering them too much, or lack of remembering to turn off the water.  Here I used American Craft Shimelles light bulb paper as a water dripping feeling, also because he is bright and inquisitive

I used American Crafts Thickers, Shimelle cardstock stickers and true stories paper, Pebbles Peppercorn alphas, Basic Grey  3 different patterns (skateshop?) , Paper studio washi tapes, Craft Medley sequin's, Simple Stories Snap, Heidie Swapp Gold glittery stickers and Ranger Die cut (viewfinder).  and Jillibean Studios (arrow).  I would love to hear how you use Social Media Postings to inspire you into capturing a meaningful or funny memory...

No comments:

Post a Comment

A collection of my favoritesboth past and present

Here are some of my favorite scrapbook pages/ and crafts from over the years