Sunday, April 24, 2016

OUR HAPPY ACCIDENTAL ADVENTURE IN WAXAHACHIE TEXAS

Our happy accidental adventure took us to The crafty scrapper  in Waxahatchie Tx. http://www.thecraftyscrapper.com

About 6 months ago, my husband and I bought a 150 year old home in Kentucky. With retirement soon approaching, we have tried to go up to Kentucky to get as much work done as we can on the house while spending time with my parents who live in nearby area.
     Our plan was to go up Easter weekend. Celebrating the memorial and life of my dear Aunt Pat who   passed away as well as spend time with family and get some work done on the house. Debbie, one of my dearest and closest friends wanted to follow us up there, see my house then travel on to her part of Kentucky to see her family. As we are approaching as sign that said Waxahachie 12 miles away, She said to be in a joking way, "We oughta just make a detour and pop in and find that big scrapbook store we have been wanting to see.". I laughed,  "I wish we could but we already got a late start". A few minutes later, a man on a motorcycle motioned my hubby ahead of us pulling a trailer with materials , to pull over. The men got out of the car and inspected the tire.. we weren't sure what was going on and at the time we thought it was a motorcycle cop.  We pulled back onto the road and within minutes the back tire of the trailer billowed smoke. So, not realizing where we were yet,  we followed behind to the nearest town and pulled off into a Napa auto store. Just for kicks I pulled out my phone and joked and said, " Might take a while, might as well look for scrappy stores or thrift shops..". My next words went something like this.. "Oh my gosh..NO WAY... DEBBIE WE ARE right NEXT TO A SCRAPBOOK STORE"! We got out, phone in hand, began walking  and following map. She said, "Where is Rogers Street"?  We both looked up and said...Right there in front of us. As we turned the corner, There it was.. I think I might have squealed for joy. I don't remember in all the excitement. As we approached we were in AWE of how beautiful and all the vintage yummy displays and how well it was stocked with current trends, and supplies. It was so beautifully staged and propped and so well organized. They had just about everything you could imagine. Its probably good we don't live close by. I surely think I would spend my whole paycheck there or try to anyway. They offer classes and there was so many wonderful examples of how to use the many various products.  The staff is so nice and helpful and make you feel so much at home. I know the brick and mortar stores are struggling. I just hope this one continues its success. Thank you "The Crafty Scrapper for your hospitality and having a store that is so fun to look at.


    This store is merchandised so beautifully with rustic shabby chic appeal and vintage treasures everywhere the eyes could see. The samples made using various products were exceptional quality and craftsmanship.  If you live in Central Texas, it is definitely worth a day trip. The town has so much historical appeal as well.


This is the page I created to capture the day. Our excitement was off the charts. I am the darker hair on the right and Debbie is to my left. My daughter Erica was there as well. She thought we were nuts. "She Inst a scrapbooker-yet"!
    I used various Amy Tangerine papers, as well as distressing the edges. I incorporated Simple stores pattern paper using a circle punch and then added some Simple Stories card stock stickers. other items used were Dear Lizzy enamel dots, Gold Glitter thickers,  Gold Dazzlers by hot of the press, Pebbles peppercorn alphas for the yr date.  I stamped on acetate with stazon ink and punched the butterfly out. I made my own ribbon flower at bottom left and the aqua/green flowers with punches.


You can see I also used some gold dots that looked more like studs. (i don't remember the name) and I used Heidi Swapp colorshine sprays for coloring cheesecloth bits I added around clusters.  You cant tell from this very much but I also used pearlescent watercolor to add drips to the background paper.

 More hand made flowers, and circles cut from simple stories, bit of Amy Tangerine papers...(I LOVE THIS ENVELOPE SILVER FOIL PAPER) so much prettier in person. I also used Simple Stories card stock sticker, Tag and heart.. and Simple Stories, (I think Carpe Diem brads).

I want to encourage you to find the adventure in the everyday things. We made lemonade- wait... Scratch that... we made margaritas with the lemon that life gave us that day...  So here's to a whole pitcher full of lemons..Please hold the salt and enjoy the everyday and sometimes accidental adventures and make sure you write it all down in a journal. because trust me, even though Debbie and I are a young set of 50+ year old, we do forget.



I want to thank you for stopping by my blog and please be patient as I try to fix some of the sizing ratios...Hopefully it will be easier to read soon.

Happy Scrappy Adventures.
As Always
With LOVE,
Lana Jo....



No comments:

Post a Comment

A collection of my favoritesboth past and present

Here are some of my favorite scrapbook pages/ and crafts from over the years