Sunday, May 8, 2016

Tearing it up; Using Paper Scraps and bits.

While taking Shimelle's class "The Scrapbook Process" we were challenged to use our scraps.. The other day viewing her blog at Shimelle.com,  I noticed feature designer; " May Flam" of http://mayflaum.com/ showed ideas for making a card using torn paper. I thought how cute..I haven't done a page with torn paper for quite some time. I was inspired to just play.. So I went through stacks of left over bits of papers, velum's, glitter card stock, foiled paper and card stock  and tore, tucked and glued. I think on some of the torn papers I used bits of lace, paper edged lace punch, cheese cloth...I just played.  Now I came up with three backgrounds. what was I going to do with them. Die Cut? Background Paper? Card? Then Shimelle.com gave us the challenge in class and then Voila...I knew where I was going with it.
 Papers in 3 samples above include scraps from Doodlebug glitter card stock, Sei Foiled Estrada,  Stampin up, Paper studio and so many others. I even used the product backing from October afternoon and pink paislee.








Here is a sample I used for the background to my Layout title..2015 Halloween of Boo-Tweens.
 To mist the background I used both Stampin Up Markers and the Misting tool, as well as Heidi Swapp color Shine. I found some old Making Memories black Halloween stickers (stars) and word- fettie.  I also used a spiderweb doily from Stampin Up which I added stickles to. I added sequins and more tickles. and various thickers.  Some of the stampin up stickers were outline stars..of course I filled it with stickles.. lol.. In addition I found some old Heidi Grace Rub-ons that were begging me to use them. Of course I added stickles to that too. Halloween pages are more fun with bling and shine.


 I wished i used some cheese cloth tucked in..maybe later. Sometimes you have to just let things set for a while then decide. I'm OK with this either way. I was very happy when I discovered this photo of the grandkids and how well it matched the torn background paper I created.
















Thank You to Shimelle Laine, and May
Flam for bringing inspiration to me.

I hope you will try and use up those scraps.. Don't forget to tuck in layers of vellum, lace, cheese cloth for added interest.

I would love to see your torn papers.
Happy Scrapping.

With Love,
Lana Jo. :)

1 comment:

A collection of my favoritesboth past and present

Here are some of my favorite scrapbook pages/ and crafts from over the years