Sunday, May 1, 2016

Time is Precious

My tribute to a beautiful soul
 ...Joey Feek...

I remember when I first saw the couple Joey and Rory Feek on, "Can YOU Duet". I fell in love
with them and their genuine charm. When they looked at each other you could just see the love pour out of them. 
August 1, 2009. I got a call from my hubby while he was working at the fire station in Temple, Tx. He said: "Honey, Joey and Rory are going to be in Troy Texas tonight giving a concert." The kids and I drove from Killeen, Tx to see them. We were able to get up close. The concert was amazing. They were so genuine and once again you could see the love pour out of them. I was so excited that I was able to get to meet them after the concert and they gave me a hug, They met, took pics with fans even though it began to rain a little. 




    I watched them the past few years, listening to their music and following their journey. What beautiful news to find out that they were expecting a baby girl, later named Indiana. God chose a very special couple to become the parents of such a sweet little girl.

     Not long after, Joey was diagnosed with Cervical Cancer. She fought so strong and so long. She was courageous and fearless knowing her father in heaven had a plan. Finding out that there was nothing more could be done and hospice was called in was heart-wrenching at times as I followed their blog. Even through the tears and I'm sure sometimes anger at the thought of missing out, their faith and love still shined through and was genuine as when I first saw them.
   
Many prayers nationwide were said. Gods plan is something we cannot fathom. He can see our path with a bigger view than we can see for ourselves. Sometimes its so hard to understand, why the good people are taken from us, while others are not. That is where faith comes in. Trusting the plan. Trusting where your final destiny is. Trusting that when God calls us to seek him out, to let him handle it and have faith that even though we don't get the answers we want, that its OK.
     When I lost my daughter Rachel at nearly 4 months of age back in Jan 1987, I had no idea how much my faith would be tested.  I smile when I think of the day that I will be re-united with all the love and family, Rejoicing in our fathers presence.
Picture of Rory in front of Joeys grave.
  In the Bible, Jesus says: John Chapt14;1-8
 Jesus Comforts His Disciples
1. Do not let your hearts be troubled. You bleieve in God; believe also in me. 2. My Fathers house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I hav told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4. You know the way to the place where I am going. 
Jesus the Way to the Father 5 Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”6Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7If you really know me, you will knowb my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.” 

John 3:15 "For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.


 If you dont know Jesus, if your not sure that God is real, search your heart..Do you feel that little tugging at your heart? An internal whisper, despite any anger or doubt that says maybe. the Holy Spirit tugs at our heart to open up and allow God to fill us up.  I encourage you to sit where your at and ask Jesus for help. Ask Jesus to come into your heart. Ask for forgiveness for any bitterness, hate or confusion you feel and ask that he wash you clean of all these bad feelings or doubt. 

I pray that if you are not saved that the Holy Spirit will tug at your heart and move you closer to receiving salvation through Christ Jesus.  

If you need someone to pray with you you can contact me via email then phone. firemanswife.lana@yahoo.com or facebook message me.  Lana Steele Bisson.  I would be happy to pray with you. 



(Picture of me with Joey an Rory on lower right side of scrapbook page opens up to journal about meeting them.)

Thank You for stopping by my blog and I pray that you are touched by Joey and Rorys story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A collection of my favoritesboth past and present

Here are some of my favorite scrapbook pages/ and crafts from over the years