Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Easy Peasy Dimensional flowers!!!

This is so simple you can make dozens in less than an hour!!!  You only need limited supplies!  I first want to give credit where I saw this..I saw Erika H. on club ck blog.. She posted it in the tips and tricks section. I fell in love immediately and had to try. Since then I have played with many other techniques.. 


(You will notice that some of the flowers have wording on them..I used old dictionary pages)... I also used various punches..some that looked like a sunburst..If you have a shape cutting machine you can probably cut any circular shape you desire. I have the original sizzix with several big flower shapes I have yet to try.. So many possibilities to try!!! 
1st you need paper...it can me solid or pattern. If you use pattern that has a white back then you might want to color it with paint, ink or misting, watercolors, chalk..whatever you have to color with. 
Next: you need to cut the shape..I happen to have a round scallop punch about 1-1/2 in across. If you only have circles thats fine.. you can take scallop scissors or just tear circles. The torn look will be irregular and will lend a softer look to the flower.  Next mist them and dampen them slightly. Crumple them a little. Let dry. 
Now we are going to gather a stack of four, punch a hole in the center and use a old brad that wont be seen. Fasten them together then draw the petals upward curling, crunching and pleating. Do each layer...Then fluff it out.. I like to add glitter glue to the edges with paint brush.. Let dry... and enjoy using them on scrapbook pages, cards and more.. 
Thank You for Stopping by, 
Lana:)


This  layout was created  for entry for Doodlebug Design team!   (note: The darker dimensional flowers were cut from Doodlbug paper). See How easy it is too coordinate your papers and flowers now? 


 Using some of my older Doodlebug stash in the two birthday layouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A collection of my favoritesboth past and present

Here are some of my favorite scrapbook pages/ and crafts from over the years