Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Make a Splash this Summer!!! Newly added layouts to be featured later in the Shabby window.

If You haven't had the chance, make sure you stop by Paperissues.com and check out all the fun "Summery Inspiration".
Although these pics were from a few years back, They remind me of special times when most of the family was still at home. I love the beachy cottage look and since my kids bathroom is in these colors, I have been anxious to use these pics in the big vintage shabby window and box that I will post later. Almost done with the window, I promise!!!  In the waves layout, I used maya road sheer journaling, found at paperissues.com. (etsy).  Papers include a mix of scraps from=Recess tiki, Karen Foster, Paper Studio. My Minds Eye.  Brown Glittered Chipboard alphas are from Making Memories.  Old Ek Success brad alphas where used on the photo holders at the bottom. Stampin up bling brads,  Maya Road ruffled trim, offray trim, Sizzix starfish and dragon fly both cut in  recycled acetate. One is painted and crackled. I used lots of circles to give motion to the layout. I also used recycled mesh netting, and used large flat sequins to scallop around one of the circles. other materials, inks, stickles glitter.
SURF.
This layout materials list includes,
Papers: Basic Grey,  Paper Wishes(scrap), Di cuts with a view, Karen Foster.
Other: More recycled acetate using my sizzix star die and crackle paint technique. Stenciled over a large doily for background. Used stickabilities shell stickers and made chipboard with them. Stampin up eyelets,
recycled mesh,  knotted sheer ribbon, Making Memories Glitter alpha
offray trim, stickles by Ranger. Ek Success Jolees sequin starfish.

I hope you try some of these recycled ideas. I love using the thicker
acetate that comes in packaging. You can do so much with it. stamp
on it with permanent ink, paint it, glitter it, crackle it. Ranger alcohol
inks. The list is endless.  So many things come in mesh bags these days.
hams, marbles, etc. These Mesh bags lend perfect touch to fishing,
beach pages and so much more. You can even use them scrunched up and
turned into a flower.. I hope you will try these techniques. I would love to
see what you come up with.


In this layout I did some stamping too. Destination is a Heidie Swapp stamp, and the sand dollar is a Stampin up stamp that I turned chipboard and aged it and modpoded it.  Papers include. My Minds Eye, Die cuts with a view, Recess,  Stickabilities shell stickers, recycled mesh, Ranger Stickles. assorted trims and velum from Recess Tiki bar.

1 comment:

A collection of my favoritesboth past and present

Here are some of my favorite scrapbook pages/ and crafts from over the years